A simple and summery side dish.
- Olive Oil ¼ cup
- Red Wine Vinegar 1/8 cup
- Lemon Juice 2 Tbs
- Soft Goat Cheese 1 cup, divided
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Cooked Basmati Rice 2 cups
- Spring Onions 3, white and green parts chopped
- Frozen Edamame or Garden Peas ½ cup, cooked and cooled
- Fresh Dill a generous handful, chopped
- Whiz the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice and half cup of goat cheese in a blender until creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix the spring onions and edamame into the cooked rice. Reserve a little of the goat cheese and dill for garnish and mix the rest into the rice. Add the dressing to the rice and toss to combine.
- Plate the salad and garnish with freshly cracked black pepper, dill and goat cheese.