This recipe from The Ostoff Resort’s L’ecole de la Maison Cooking School in Elkhart Lake is a perfect savoury breakfast dish that is popular in the Middle East.
- Olive Oil 4 Tbs
- Garlic 5 cloves
- Red Onion 1 small, diced
- Red Bell Pepper 1, chopped
- Cilantro ½ bunch
- Ground Coriander ¼ tsp
- Ground Cumin ¼ tsp
- Heirloom Tomatoes 6, diced
- Feta Cheese 4 oz, crumbled
- Eggs 6
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- In a stainless steel pot over medium high heat, add the onions, red pepper and garlic. Sauté until tender. Add the spices and stir to combine. Add the tomatoes, season with sea salt, reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the feta cheese and cilantro and stir together. Crack the eggs and add them one at a time into the sauce creating a little divot for them to nestle into. Cover the pot and check on the eggs as they cook to the temperature that you prefer (easy, medium or hard). Crack pepper over the top.
- Dish up by scooping out the eggs and getting as much sauce as you would like.