The dried wakame used in this Japanese-style salad was hand harvested by forager Dafne Romero on the west coast of Haida Gwaii. Reconstituted, it has a nutty, sweet flavour and satisfying crunch.
- Dried Wakame ½ cup
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil 1 Tbs
- Sesame Oil 1 tsp
- Lime Juice 1 tsp
- Fresh Ginger ½“ piece, julienned
- Toasted Sesame Seeds for garnish
- Place the wakame in a small saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Cook for 2-4 minutes, until the wakame is soft, then drain.
- While the wakame is still warm, combine it with the oils, lime juice and ginger. Allow to cool to room temperature then garnish with the sesame seeds and serve. The salad can also be refrigerated and enjoyed chilled if you prefer.