- Cauliflower 2 heads
- Fresh Parsley 2 cups
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil 4 Tbs
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Whole Raw Almonds ½ cup
- Anchovies 6
- Red Wine Vinegar 1 Tbs
- Medjool or Barhi Dates 2-4, pitted and chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
- Remove all of the leaves from the cauliflower using your hands or a small knife, then break the cauliflower into florets. I like to use my hands for this, but a paring knife works great as well. Put the florets on a rimmed baking sheet – use a second sheet if your cauliflower was large to make sure you don’t crowd the pieces. Add about 2 Tbs oil (adding a bit more if you used a second sheet), tossing to coat, and season really well with salt and pepper.
- Roast the cauliflower until deep golden brown and tender, tossing once, about 25 minutes. On another sheet pan, spread out the almonds, then roast alongside the cauliflower for about 8 more minutes. Set a timer for the almonds.
- Make the anchovy vinaigrette: Chop 6 anchovies very finely and add them to a medium bowl. Add 1 Tbs red wine vinegar and 2 Tbs oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add a few chopped dates if you like! Whisk to combine.
- Assemble and serve: Roughly chop the toasted almonds and add to the bowl along with leaves of 1 bunch parsley. Toss to combine. Arrange the cauliflower on plates or a platter and top with the almond mixture.
Excerpted from Salad Freak: recipes to feed a healthy obsession by Jess Damuck, Copyright © 2022. Published by Abrams.