- Jerusalem Artichokes 1 kg, scrubbed
- Whole Milk 1.25 L
- Cream 1.25 L
- White Vinegar 1 tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cod fresh or frozen and defrosted, 8 x 100 g pieces
- Fresh Rosemary 1 sprig
- Boil the Jerusalem artichokes in the milk and cream until they are tender. Add the sugar and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Purée the soup in batches in a blender, strain and return to the pot. If you want the soup to be thicker, stir in a little cornstarch that has been mixed with cold water.
- Arrange the cod pieces in a deep skillet and add cold water to barely cover. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes, until the fish is opaque all the way through.
- Remove the cod pieces with a slotted spoon and place in soup bowls. Pour the soup over and garnish with a few leaves of rosemary.