Yumurta Salatasi from Gaziantep
This Turkish egg salad—dressed with olive oil—is much lighter than the popular American favorite, and is usually served wrapped in flatbread. If you are watching your cholesterol, you can make this dish with egg whites.
- Eggs 5 hard-boiled, diced into ¼-inch cubes
- Scallions 5 trimmed, leaving about 1 to 2 inches of the green part, thinly sliced crosswise
- Parsley 1 bunch fresh Italian flat-leaf, thick stems removed, washed, drained, finely chopped
- Aleppo Pepper ½ teaspoon
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil 4 Tbs extra-virgin
- Sea salt to taste
- Place the diced eggs in a bowl and top them with the scallions and parsley.
- Season with Aleppo pepper, as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top and toss well.
Reproduced with permission from The Turkish Cookbook: Regional Recipes and Stories by Nur Ilkin and Sheilah Kaufman (Interlink 2012)