At the cornucopian breakfast buffet served at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort’s Hilltop Restaurant, there is a different freshly baked, tropically inspired muffin served each morning. I’ve adapted these fragrant coconut muffins by adding a hint of pineapple.
- Unsalted Butter 4 oz, softened
- Sugar ¾ cup
- Salt ½ tsp
- Eggs 2 large
- Coconut Milk ½ cup
- Sweetened Flaked Coconut 1 ¼ cups, divided
- All-Purpose Flour 1 ¼ cups
- Baking Powder 2 ½ tsp
- Pineapple Cubes 1 cup, drained and chopped into smaller dice
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position. Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease well with cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the butter, sugar and salt until fluffy and creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time until well mixed. Beat in the coconut milk and ¾ cup coconut flakes. Add the flour and baking powder and mix until combined. Fold in the pineapple until mixed well and portion into the muffin tin. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining coconut.
- Bake until golden or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.