You may use any white fish for this ceviche. And for a variation, try salmon or blanched shrimp meat.
- Halibut Fillet 2 lb, cut into ½” dice
- Serrano or Jalapeno Chiles 2 to 3, seeded and finely diced
- Garlic 2 to 4 cloves, minced
- Salt 1 tsp
- Lime Juice 1½ cups, freshly squeezed
- Red Onion 1 medium, finely diced
- Red, Orange or Yellow Bell Peppers 2, seeded and finely diced
- Orange 1 large, peel and membrane removed, diced (squeeze the remaining membrane and collect the juice)
- Grapefruit 1 large, peel and membrane removed, diced (squeeze the remaining membrane and collect the juice)
- Cilantro a handful, finely chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Avocado Oil 3 Tbs
- Avocadoes 2, peeled, pitted and diced
- Tortilla Chips for serving
- Place the diced halibut into a non-reactive bowl along with chiles, garlic, salt, lime juice and 1 Tbs of the chopped cilantro. Mix well and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- When the halibut is “cooked” add all the remaining ingredients except the avocado and tortilla chips and allow to marinate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, gently fold in the avocado. Serve with tortilla chips on the side.