Settle back and wait for the compliments to roll in with this super simple mushroom dish that packs a mighty umami punch. I ate something similar to this recipe in Cambodia and it blew my mind with its easy technique and flavourful heft. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- Butter 150 g
- Soy Sauce 20 ml
- Chives ½ bunch, finely sliced into circles
- Star Anise 1, ground
- Ground Black Pepper ½ tsp
- Shiitake Mushrooms 610 g
- Cashew Nuts 120 g, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 185°C (365°F). First soften the butter to room temperature, then in a bowl combine the butter with the soy sauce, chives, star anise and pepper to create a paste. Stuff the mushrooms with the paste, put them on a baking tray and roastthem for 10 minutes.
- Scatter over the cashew nuts to serve.
Excerpted from The Atlas Cookbook by Charlie Carrington (C) 2019 Reproduced by permission of Hardie Grant. All rights reserved.