This sprightly salad makes a beautiful appetizer. It also pairs very well with roast chicken. The zingy dressing balances the peppery flavour of the cress.
- Watercress lower stems removed, 4 cups
- Papaya peeled and cubed, 2 cups
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil 3 Tbs
- White Wine Vinegar 1 Tbs
- Fresh Lemon Juice 1 Tbs
- Grain Mustard 1 tsp
- Honey 1 tsp
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Macadamia Nuts 2 Tbs
- Mint Leaves for garnish
- Toast the macadamia nuts in a dry skillet until fragrant and starting to brown. Allow to cool then roughly chop.
- Place the watercress, papaya and macadamia nuts in a salad bowl.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, honey, salt and pepper until emulsified. Taste the dressing and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Gently toss the salad with the dressing. Plate and garnish with mint leaves.