This cocktail by Ranjula Wickrama, mixologist at the boutique hotel Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni 1 in Florence is inspired by views of the sunset and Florence from the rooftop terrace of the hotel. Vodka represents Italy’s summer heat while soda and ice quench the dryness of summer, and lemon represents the sun. Passionfruit sets off the drink and makes it special, just like the sunset over Florence.
- Premium Vodka 50 ml
- Passionfruit Syrup 50 ml
- Soda 40 ml
- Fresh Lemon Juice 20 ml
- Fresh Passionfruit Juice (with seeds) 20 ml
- Lemon Wheel 1
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- In a shaker, combine the vodka, passionfruit syrup, lemon juice, and fresh passionfruit juice.
- Pour mixed cocktail into the glass and gently stir with a bar spoon.
- Top with soda.
- Garnish with the lemon wheel.