Tuscan cooking class instructor Nonna Ciana tops this luscious soup with a shower of shaved truffles. If you don’t have access to such a luxury ingredient, the puree is also delicious drizzled with truffle oil.
- Floury Potatoes 500 g, peeled and diced
- Whole Milk 125 ml
- Water 200 ml
- Butter 40 g
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Eggs 6
- Fresh Truffle for garnish
- Simmer the potatoes in the milk, water and butter until tender.
- Use a blender or mixer to reduce the mixture to a cream consistency.
- Lightly poach the eggs, adding a little vinegar to the water. This will allow the whites to cook quickly while the yolks will remain soft and runny.
- Serve each egg on a bed of potato cream and shave the fresh truffle directly on top.