Ed and Sandi Taylor operate Honey Wagon Farms in Prince Edward County. Says Ed, by substituting celeriac, this can also double as celeriac slaw. The dressing has a bite, and a combo of sweet syrup and tart vinegar; adjust the ingredient quantities to suit your own taste.
- Kohlrabi 1 large, peeled, stems trimmed off, grated
- Carrots 2 medium, peeled and grated
- Red Onion ½, sliced
- Cilantro (optional) 4 Tbs, chopped
- Golden Raisins or Dried Sweetened Cranberries (optional) ¼ cup
- Mayonnaise ¼ cup
- Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar 1 Tbs
- Maple Syrup 1 Tbs, or to taste
- Salt 1 tsp
- In a large bowl, combine the kohlrabi, carrots, onion, cilantro and raisins or cranberries (if using).
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, cider vinegar, maple syrup, and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw and mix fully to coat. Chill several hours before serving.