This recipe is from Christall Lowe’s cookbook Kai.
- Yams* 500 g
- Oil 2 Tbs
- Runny Honey or Pure Maple Syrup 2 Tbs plus 1 Tbs extra for drizzle
- Balsamic Vinegar 1 Tbs plus 1 Tbs extra for drizzle
- Chopped Parsley a handful, to garnish
*You may substitute carrots, parsnips or sweet potatoes.
For the feta whip
- Feta Cheese 200 g, crumbled
- Cream Cheese 250 g, softened or Greek Yoghurt 1 cup
- Lemon Juice 2 Tbs
- Lemon Zest 1 Tbs
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Place yams in a bowl with oil, honey and balsamic vinegar. Toss to coat the yams and spread into a large roasting dish or baking tray with sides in a single layer.
- Roast for 30–40 minutes until golden brown all over, turning twice during cooking. Remove from the roasting dish and spoon any leftover marinade into a small bowl.
- While the yams are cooking, make the feta whip. Put feta cheese, cream cheese, lemon juice and zest into a medium bowl. Blend together with an electric beater until smooth and creamy. Alternatively, place the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Mix the extra tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and honey with the marinade reserved from the roasting dish, to create a drizzle.
- Serve the yams either with, or over, the feta whip, drizzled with the marinade and sprinkled with chopped parsley.