Inspired by a recipe from Rey Guererro, the chef who put Colombian Pacific cuisine on the map.
La Cazuela Esencia del Pacífico
- Butter 1 Tbs
- Flour 1 Tbs
- Warm Water ½ cup
- White Wine ½ cup
- Coconut Milk 1 cup
- Fish Sauce 1 Tbs
- Achiote Powder 2 tsp (or 1 tsp each paprika and turmeric)
- Mixed Seafood (shrimp, scallop, calamari, mussels) 600 g
- Fresh Basil and Cilantro a handful, roughly chopped
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring, for one minute. Add the warm water and whisk well to avoid lumps. Whisk in the white wine, coconut milk, fish sauce and achiote powder.
- Add the seafood and simmer until the prawns are just cooked through. Stir in the herbs. Taste for seasoning and add salt
- Serve with rice and a wedge of lime.