A store cupboard staple gets a delicious, Basque-inspired makeover.
- Sardines in Oil 130 g, drained
- Laughing Cow Cheese 125 g
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil 150 ml
- Mineral Water 150 ml
- Dijon Mustard 1 Tbs
- Piquillo Peppers1 40 g
- Smoked Salmon 4 slices
- Capers 8, chopped
- Dill Pickle 2, chopped
- Microgreens as needed
- Purée the sardines, cheese, water, mustard and piquillo peppers in a blender until smooth. Gradually add the olive oil (as you would make a mayonnaise) strain well and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve the chilled cream in the empty sardine tin or a small dish. Decorate with the garnishes and serve accompanied with small toasts.