Fresh basil shines in this simple but delicious pasta dish – summer in a bowl.
- Spaghetti or Linguine 8 oz
- Butter 4 Tbs
- Olive Oil 2 tsp
- Fresh Basil Leaves a generous handful, roughly chopped
- Parmiggiano Reggiano Cheese grated, ½ cup
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper to taste
1. Cook the spaghetti or linguine in plenty of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, reserving one cup of the cooking water.
2. Put the pasta in a serving bowl and toss with the olive oil and butter, adding a little of the reserved pasta water at a time until you have a creamy consistency. Quickly toss again with the basil and cheese, and serve immediately with a generous grind of black pepper.