As prepared by Ambrosia restaurant in Santiago.
- Salmon 1 fillet, scaled and deboned
- Lime Zest from 1 lime
- Orange Zest from 1 medium orange
- Sugar 300 g
- Coriander Seed 50 g
- Fennel Seed 50 g
- Fine-Textured Salt 100 g
- Avocado 1 large
- Plain Yogurt 1 cup
- Lime Juice from 1 lime
- Coarse Sea Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients for the salmon marinade in a bowl.
- Place the salmon on plastic wrap on a plate and cover it on both sides with the marinade.
- Wrap the salmon firmly in the plastic wrap and refrigerate it with a weighted object on top for 24 hours.
- Turn the salmon fillet and refrigerate for another 24 hours.
- Remove the salmon and wipe off excess mixture with a cloth.
- Cut the fillet into thin slices.
- In a food processor, blend the avocado, yogurt, lemon, salt and pepper to make the dressing.
- Plate the salmon slices, with the avocado dressing in a bowl on the side.