These cookies are so moreish, you may need to make a double batch!
- Dates 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Baking Soda 1/2 tsp
- Boiling Water 2 Tbs
- Crystallized Ginger 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Butter 150 g, chopped, softened
- Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
- Brown Sugar 1/2 cup
- Egg Yolks 2
- All-Purpose Flour 1 1/2 cups
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Put the chopped dates in a small bowl, sprinkle over the baking soda. Pour over the boiling water to cover, leave for 5 minutes, then add the chopped ginger.
- In a separate bowl beat together the butter, sugar, vanilla and egg yolks, until creamy. Stir in the flour and the date and ginger mixture, mix well.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls, place on greased oven trays about 2 inches apart and flatten each slightly.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden.