This easy apple dump cake only has six ingredients and requires zero mixing. Leave the apple peel on for extra texture and vitamins or peel it if you prefer. Leftovers are great for breakfast with vanilla yogurt.
- Golden Delicious Apples 5 medium, (about 5 cups chopped)
- Brown Sugar 2 Tbs, packed
- Ground Cinnamon 2 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Yellow Cake Mix 1 box
- Butter ¾ cup, melted
- Pecans for topping (optional)
- Vanilla Ice Cream for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Spray a 9×13 inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- Core and chop the apples into about ½ inch pieces. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt over the apples. Mix together with a spoon or your hand, until all apple pieces are coated with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Pour the apples into the pan. Spread into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the apples, gently shake the pan so the cake mix evenly spreads out over the apples. Drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix, ensuring all mix is covered with butter as uncovered mix will be dry and crumbly after baking. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the cake mix is golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and pecans if desired.