Tamarack’s granola bars are famous in Waterton. This is my copycat version of the snack that gave me enough energy to hike to the Bear’s Hump overlook before breakfast!
- Brown Sugar ½ cup
- Agave Syrup or Honey ½ cup
- Natural Peanut Butter ½ cup
- Rice Krispies Cereal 2 cups
- Quick-Cooking Oats 1 ½ cups
- Dried Cranberries ½ cup
- Unsweetened Coconut ¼ cup
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips ½ cup
- Combine the brown sugar and agave syrup or honey in a small saucepan and heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has melted and the mixture starts to bubble. Stir in the peanut butter.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Pour in the contents of the saucepan and stir until well combined.
- Press the mixture into a 9 inch square baking tin and press down firmly. Chill for 30 minutes then cut into bars.