These tasty morsels are on the dinner menu at Red Rock Trattoria in Waterton serving refined Italian classics with some modern twists. Ricotta Gnocchi is one of the most popular items on the menu.
- Cauliflower Florets 8 oz
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Red Chili Flakes 1/4 tsp
- Lemon Juice 1 Tbs
- Capers 1 Tbs, rinsed
- Fresh Basil chopped, 1 Tbs
- Grana Padano Cheese grated, 2 Tbs
- Lemon Wedge for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the salt, chili flakes, lemon juice and capers.
- Pour canola oil into a deep heavy skillet or Dutch oven to a depth of 1 ½ inches. Heat to 375˚F and fry the cauliflower until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
- Add the cauliflower to the mixing bowl and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the basil and Grana Padano cheese and garnish with a lemon wedge.