This elegant appetizer from New Zealand celebrates local ingredients with a fresh, contemporary approach. If you don’t have access to venison, it is also fabulous with beef tenderloin.
- Venison 2 x 200 g loins
- Sea Salt for seasoning
- Cracked Black Pepper for seasoning
- Manuka Honey 1 Tbs
- White Vinegar 1 Tbs
- Grapeseed or Vegetable Oil 50 ml
- Rosemary Leaves ½ tsp
- Soy Sauce ½ tsp
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wild Rocket
- Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- Baby Nasturtium Leaves
- Edible Flowers
- In a very hot fry pan seal the loins, just a few seconds per side. Season with salt and cracked pepper and reserve.
- In a bowl, whisk the honey and the vinegar until well mixed. Keep whisking and add the oil slowly to emulsify. Then chop and incorporate the rosemary and the soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a spoonful of the vinaigrette on the plate. With a sharp knife slice the venison thinly and place overlapping slices in the center of the plate. Garnish with the rocket and nasturtium leaves, calendula flowers and shaved parmesan.