A recipe from the story Setting Day.
- Unsalted Butter ½ cup
- Split-Top Hot Dog Buns 4
- Cooked Lobster 4 lbs, shelled, chopped (keep claws intact)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Iceberg Lettuce shredded, ½ cup
- Chives finely chopped, 2 Tbs
- In a small pot, melt butter over medium-high heat, and then let it cook and bubble until it starts to foam and smell like toasted nuts and caramel, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Brush each side of the buns with browned butter. Toast on a grill or frying pan until each side is golden brown, 1–2 minutes per side.
- In a large bowl, toss together remaining browned butter and lobster, season with salt and pepper.
- Fill each bun with lettuce and lobster, top with a lobster claw and garnish with chives.
Recipe excerpted from Canada’s Food Island: A Collection of Stories and Recipes from Prince Edward Island by Farmers and Fishers of Prince Edward Island. Photography by Stephen Harris. Stories and captions by Stuart Hickox. Copyright © 2022 by Lobster Fishers of PEI.