- Emmental Cheese 250 g, coarsely grated
- Gruyere Cheese 250 g, coarsely grated
- Cornstarch 2 Tbs
- Garlic 1 large clove, halved
- Dry White Wine 1 cup
- Lemon Juice 1 Tbs
- Kirsch 1 tbs (optional)
- Dry Mustard 1/2 tsp
- Nutmeg 1 pinch
- Baguette cut into 1-inch cubes
- Cooked Baby Potatoes
- Cubed Granny Smith Apples
- Blanched Broccoli and Cauliflower Florets
- Picked Baby Onions
- Bunderfleisch or Prosciutto
- In a mixing bowl toss together grated cheese and cornstarch until well combined.
- Rub the inside of a fondue pot with cut sides of garlic clove. Discard garlic. Add wine and lemon juice and bring to a gentle simmer. Gradually add cheese to simmering liquid, stirring gently. Melting cheese slowly will produce smooth fondue.
- Once melted, stir in kirsch, mustard and nutmeg.
- Spear vegetables and fruit accompaniments with fondue forks, dip and swirl. Serve with baby onions, cornichons, and cured beef.