Fresh raspberries with a tangy goat cream are a quintessential taste of summer in Southern Quebec.
- Soft Goat Cheese 1 x 4 oz log
- Plain Yogurt 4 Tbs
- Fresh Raspberries 8 oz
- Fresh Basil Leaves ½ cup
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Crackers or Flatbread for serving
- In a small bowl, mash the goat cheese with the yogurt, using a fork. Whisk until you have a thick cream.
- Spread the cream on a platter and scatter with the raspberries and basil leaves. Add a few grinds of black pepper and drizzle with the best extra virgin olive oil you can afford.
- Serve with crackers, flatbreads or pita for scooping.
Read the story: Summer in Quebec