- Onion 1 medium, diced
- Butternut Squash, cubed, 4 cups
- Garlic 2 cloves, minced
- Fresh Sage 12 leaves
- Olive Oil ¼ cup
- Vegetable Stock (or water) 5 cups
- Greek Yogurt ½ cup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a pot, sweat the onion and squash with olive oil over medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and sweat for another 2 minutes.
- Add 6 sage leaves and vegetable stock. Bring to boil and let simmer until the squash gets soft.
- In the meantime, finely chop the other 6 sage leaves and mix with the yogurt. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and reserve.
- When the squash is very tender, blend the soup and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in a bowl, one generous ladle of soup and a spoonful of sage yogurt.
Recipe by Simon Bouchard, executive chef of Liquidity Bistro in Okanagan Falls, BC.