- Chickpeas 1 x 14 oz can, drained
- Lemon Zest and Juice of 1
- Tahini 2 Tbs
- Garlic 1 small clove, roughly chopped
- Salt ½ tsp
- Cumin Powder ½ tsp
- Warm Water ¼ cup
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
- Smoked, Hot or Sweet Paprika for sprinkling
- Whizz all ingredients except the olive oil and paprika in a blender or food processor. A blender will give you the smoothest hummus while the processor will give a chunkier texture.
- Taste the hummus and add more salt or lemon juice if needed. Add more water if you want a thinner dip. Pour the hummus into a serving dish. Make a swirl with your finger or the handle of a wooden spoon and fill the indentations with olive oil. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Hummus will keep for a week in the refrigerator, covered in plastic wrap or in a sealed container.