This quick appetizer created by Chef Crystal McKenzie at Peasant Cheese Shop in Calgary is perfect for a casual get-together.
- Feta 200 g
- Fennel 1 bulb, thinly sliced
- Olive Oil 1 tsp
- Sumac 1 tsp
- Juice of one lemon
- Microgreens 1 cup
- Mixed Fresh Herbs 1 cup, chopped
- Place feta and fennel on a baking tray. Sprinkle with olive oil & sumac.
- Broil in a 450˚F oven for about 7 minutes or until fennel is wilted and feta is slightly browned.
- Place micro greens & fresh herbs on a serving tray. Place feta on top of greens. Place fennel on top of feta.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve with crostini.