- Green Beans 500 g
- Olive Oil 1 – 2 Tbs
- Garlic 1 clove, crushed
- Tomatoes 1 – 2, peeled and diced
- Tomato Purée 1 cup, made with fresh tomatoes, garlic, herbs
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Parsley finely chopped
- Trim beans, remove strings if necessary. Boil in salted water for a couple of minutes, until just tender. Drain and keep warm.
- Return empty saucepan to heat, add oil and garlic and toss for 30 seconds, then add tomato and purée and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Return beans to pan, check seasoning and toss through chopped parsley.
Recipe from Wild Asparagus, Wild Strawberries : Two years in France by Barbara Santich/Wakefield Press.