A recipe from Martingale Wharf Restaurant in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
- Brussels Sprouts 1 lb, stemmed, halved and outer leaves removed
- Canola Oil for frying
- Sourdough Bread 3 oz, dried and crumbled
- Pecorino Romano Cheese 2 oz, freshly grated
- Fresh Fines Herbes1 1 oz, finely chopped
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Marinated White Anchovies (optional)
- Caesar Dressing (recipe below)
1 A mixture of parsley, chives, thyme and chervil.
- Heat the canola oil in a heavy bottomed pot and fry the Brussels sprouts until crispy and lightly browned. Transfer to a mixing bowl lined with paper towel to absorb the oil.
- Remove the paper towel, add the Caesar dressing, bread crumbs, grated cheese, herbs and salt and pepper to taste. Toss until evenly coated.
- Serve on a large platter. Garnish with anchovies if desired.
- Egg Yolk 1
- Anchovy Paste 1 tsp
- Minced Garlic 1 tsp
- Fresh Lemon Juice 2 tsp
- Red Wine Vinegar 2 tsp
- Dijon Mustard ½ tsp
- Worcestershire Sauce ¼ tsp
- Pecorino Romano Cheese freshly grated, ¼ cup
- Cold Water 1 Tbs
- Kosher Salt 1 tsp
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Canola Oil ½ cup
- In a food processor, add the egg yolk, anchovy paste, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire, water, salt and pepper. Blend on high until smooth then slowly add the canola oil, while still blending on high, until emulsified. Add the grated cheese.