This is barbecue maestro Pat Martin’s recipe for grilled vegetables dressed with his proprietary Jack’s Creek BBQ Sauce and Season’d Salt. Both products can be ordered online, or you can use another vinegar-based barbecue sauce and seasoning salt of your choice.
- Olive Oil 2/3 cup, divided
- Tomatoes 2, cut into quarters
- Zucchini 1 large, trimmed and quartered lengthwise
- Yellow Squash 1 large, trimmed quartered lengthwise
- Eggplant 1 medium, trimmed and cut into ½” slices
- Onion 1 large, peeled and cut into ½” slices
- Red Bell Pepper 1, cut in quarters, seeds and ribs removed
- Green Bell Pepper 1, cut in quarters, seeds and ribs removed
- Jack’s Creek BBQ Sauce ¼ cup
- Dijon Mustard 1 Tbs
- Martin’s Season’d Salt 2 tsp
- Italian Parsley 1 bunch
- Preheat grill to high. While the grill is warming up, brush the vegetables with ⅓ cup olive oil.
- Grill the vegetables in batches, turning occasionally until cooked and tender. The time varies depending on the vegetable. After the vegetables are grilled, allow to cool enough to handle without burning yourself. Cut each piece into bite-sized chunks and transfer to a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the bbq sauce, Dijon mustard, seasoned salt and the remaining ⅓ cup olive oil. Wash the parsley and roughly chop the green tops. Discard the stems.
- Toss the grilled vegetables with the dressing and chopped parsley. Serve while warm or chill to serve later.