As beautiful as it is delicious.
For the tart shell
- All-Purpose Flour 1¾ cups
- Sugar 1/3 cup
- Cold Butter ½ cup, cubed
- Egg 1 large
For the filling
- Frozen Wild Blueberries 2 cups, partially thawed
- Gelatin 2 packages
- Limes 3–4, juice and zest
- Whipping Cream 250 ml
- Low Fat Cottage Cheese 500 g
- Sugar ½ cup
- Fresh Mint 1–2 sprigs
- Combine the flour, sugar, butter and egg in mixer with paddle attachment or pulse in a food processor. Do not mix for more than about 30 seconds. Wrap the pastry in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Turn the pastry onto a floured surface and shape into a flat round disk. Press into a greased and floured 10-inch tart pan. Prick the dough thoroughly and bake for 15–20 minutes in a preheated 400°F oven until lightly browned.
- Zest the limes and squeeze for ½ cup fresh juice.
- Place the cottage cheese, sugar and lime zest in a food processor and process until creamy. Heat the lime juice and add the gelatin. Stir to dissolve. Add to the cheese mixture.
- Whip the cream and fold it into the cheese mixture. Fold in the wild blueberries.
- Spread the filling into the tart shell and refrigerate for about 2 hours. Decorate with mint leaves.