Add apples to this simple BBQ chicken flatbread to add a non-traditional and nice sweet bite to your flatbread. This is a great appetizer for a party and even makes for an easy family dinner. If you prefer crunchy apple pieces, add them after the flatbread is cooked.
- Flatbread 1 large (about full pizza size)
- BBQ Sauce ¼ cup
- Swiss or Mozzarella Cheese shredded, ½ cup
- Cooked Chicken 4-6 oz
- Red Onion thinly sliced, a small handful
- Frozen Corn ¼ cup, thawed
- Ambrosia or Pink Lady Apple 1
- Cilantro Leaves to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Chop the chicken and apple into about ½ inch pieces.
- Place the flatbread on a cookie sheet. Evenly spread the BBQ sauce over the flatbread, adding more if needed. Sprinkle about half of the cheese over the BBQ sauce. Top with chicken, red onion, corn and apple. Finish up by sprinkling remaining cheese over the toppings. This will hold the flatbread and toppings together.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is browned and cheese is bubbly. Cut into 12 pieces and garnish with cilantro if desired.