The Syrniki (cottage cheese pancakes) at Arthur’s Nosh Bar in Montreal are so fabulous I had to try making my own. Don’t worry if yours don’t look as pretty as the picture, they will still be delicious.
- All-Purpose Flour 1 cup
- Baking Soda 1 tsp
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Sugar 1 Tbs
- Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
- Eggs 4 large
- Full Fat Cottage Cheese 2 cups
- Vegetable Oil for frying
1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until light and frothy. Whisk in the cottage cheese, sugar and vanilla.
2. In another bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking soda.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until combined. Don’t over mix.
4. Heat about 2 Tbs of oil in a large skillet. Spoon ¼ cup measures of batter into the skillet, leaving enough space between each so you can flip them.
5. Cook for about 3 minutes until golden on the bottom and bubbles are forming on the top, then carefully flip and cook for 2 minutes more.
6. Serve three or four pancakes per person, topped with a dab of butter and plenty of maple syrup.