Chef Frank Camorra of MoVida restaurant in Melbourne, Australia recommends marinating these skewers overnight to fully capture the Andalusian flavours in his recipe.
- Lean Beef Rump 1 kg, sinew removed, cut into 1.5 cm cubes
- Sweet Smoked Paprika 1 Tbs
- Hot Paprika 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Ground Cumin 2 Tbs
- Dry White Wine 125 ml
- Nutmeg 1 tsp
- Garlic 2 cloves, finely chopped
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Olive Oil 60 ml
- Parsley 1 cup, chopped
- Dry White Wine 60 ml
- Smoked Paprika 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice of 1 lemon
- Mix marinade ingredients thoroughly. Add cubed beef and work in marinade. Marinate at least 2 hours or preferably overnight.
- Pre-heat barbecue grill to medium. Thread beef onto long metal skewers, spacing loosely so that meat cooks evenly.
- In a small bowl, mix together all basting sauce ingredients. Brush meat with basting sauce.
- Place skewers on a hot grill and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning and basting several times with a brush. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.